Backup as a Service (BaaS)
In Edge hosting, we provide a fully managed Backup as a Service (BaaS). It is powered by Veeam Technology to protect your data. No matter where your data resides, BaaS can be utilized. BaaS is a hassle-free backup/restore Service where our engineers take care for all aspects of data protection.
Default Features and Terms:
- Month to month commitment
- 15 Days Retention
- Network Isolation: Dedicated Backup network so the backup/restore traffic will not impact the production traffic network
- All backup data will be stored on our backup infrastructure
- Backup job will be customized to meet your expectation with maximum of 6 times daily (can be customized with additional fee)
- Two restores per month included
- If additional space is required to restore a backup set, Edge Hosting will charge you additional space at $0.2 per GB
- Additional restores cost:
a. $50.00 per restore request
b. $0.15 per restored GB
- Restore request is defined as: restore of any item (file, folder, DB, VM, … etc) as long as it belongs to the same VM at a time. For example, restore a folder and a DB from one VM is one restore. Restore the same folder/DB again in different time is a new restore request. Restore file X from VM1 and file Y from VM2 are two restore requests … and so on
- 24×7 Monitoring
- Backup Verification and Validation
- Enabling backups for a VM adds 20% of the VM’s total cost
- The required Veeam license (usually Veeam Backup & Replication Enterprise Plus) will be billed separately per VM and monthly
- SLA does not apply during scheduled and informed maintenance windows. Overall, backup jobs will be disabled during maintenance windows therefore you should not expect to restore data for backups during the maintenance time (unless the backup jobs were running during maintenance which could be the case). It can be restored for periods before or after the maintenance window
Backup price is valid as long as the backup size for the VM does not exceed 2 times the VM size. Otherwise, additional space fee will be applied at USD $0.20 per GB. Example: If you have a VM with 100GB Storage and the backup size for the VM is 250GB. The backup price would be 20% of the VM’s price + 50GB x USD 0.2
How it works:
For the data hosted in Edge Hosting Infrastructure, the backup will be taken at the Hypervisor without any overhead on the VM itself. For the VMs outside Edge Hosting Infrastructure, Veeam backup agent need to be installed. We can add a BaaS branch at your cloud or on-premise setup to avoid using Veeam agent. Please talk to your account manager or our sales team at Contact Us to help you
Backup Content Validation:
Our Service covers backup content Validation without any extra cost and it’s optional.
Here are Advantages/disadvantages of the backup content Validation
In some cases, a backup can get corrupted due to accidental changes in the backup file data. For example, the file can be damaged after transfer over the network or from hardware failures on the backup storage side.
With Veeam Backup Validator, you can quickly verify the integrity of any backup file, without extracting the VM data from the archive.
While the validation is running, Veeam won’t be able to take the backup for that job until the validation is over.
The time of the validation depends on the VM size. Also, it depends on the retention period. The more the VM size or the more the retention period, the more time the validation process will take.
Mainly, the impact will be on the servers that have very frequent job schedule such as hourly. Some backup runs will be delayed until the validation process is completed
Backup content Validation can be scheduled weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly.